This course will develop your understanding of scaffolding components, forms of construction and the inspection procedures for basic access to scaffolds and how to comply with current legislation and Codes of Practice.
Delegates need to have experience with scaffolding structures which would have come from time spent in their individual industry sector e.g. construction, engineering, manufacturing, offshore etc
This experience ought to be confirmed by the production of a CV with contactable references and/or certificates.
The Work at Height Regulations 2005 requires the inspection of certain work equipment and places of work at height. A competent person should supervise any person engaged in any activity, organisation and planning of work related to working at height.
This course is aimed at Managers, Supervisors and Operatives who are responsible for inspecting scaffolds and completing reports in accordance with statutory Regulations.
- Review of current legislation, standards and codes of practice
- Terms and definitions
- Basic Scaffold Requirements
- Introduction to scaffolding materials
- Scaffold inspection
- Scaffold appreciation
- Cause of Scaffold Collapse
- Hazards Associated with Scaffolding
- Planning a Scaffold
- Documenting Inspections – Handover Certificates & The Scafftag System
- Period: FULL DAY
- Time: 8:00 AM TO 5:00 PM
- Cost: £150 + VAT PER PERSON – FULL DAY
- Number of Delegates: 15 PER SESSION