The IPAF Load Unload Course provides training for the safe loading and unloading of MEWPs on beavertail and slide bed transport vehicles. Due to the risk involved, only trained and competent staff are allowed to operate the equipment.Drivers should also be aware of the additional risk of the load, or part of the load,
it’s distribution,moving when the vehicle is being driven. This applies to all vehicles and to all types of load.
The driver is ultimately responsible for the load carried on their vehicle, whether or not they were involved in the securing of the load.
This course is aimed at personnel who are or will be responsible for the loading and unloading of MEWPs on a range of transportation.
- Introduction: Overview of course requirements.
- Selection of suitable vehicle for transportation of load.
- Method of loading and unloading.
- Position of load on vehicle.
- Marking of large loads.
- How to secure a load.
- Safety checks.
- Positioning the vehicle for unloading.
- IPAF Load Unload Course – Open Course Schedule
- Applicants should be at least 18 years old and physically fit.
- All applicants must have satisfactorily completed a recognised Operator’s course. Applicants should hold a valid IPAF PAL card for the relevant categories of machines.
- It is desirable (but not mandatory) that applicants hold a current LGV licence or other suitable licence.
Locations nationwide and/or client specific. For a group of delegates, we can arrange for the course to be delivered at your place.
Delegates who successfully complete the IPAF training course will receive an IPAF Certificate of Training. This card ID card is valid for 5 years.
Only those who have been filling out their log books (over five years the log book should have at least 60 entries, 10 of which should be in the final year prior to expiry) will be eligible for a renewal test. The renewal test covers both theory and practical, with a maximum of 8 candidates in a day.
To book a place on this course please contact us on 01642 680497 or fill in the below form. Tell us which location you would like from the list above and we can organise a date that will suit your needs.