Our CITB Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course is designed for supervisors, team leader’s first line managers foremen who need to understand their roles and legal obligations within the construction industry.
The SSSTS course is an endorsed by the United Kingdom Contractors Group (UKCG) as the standard training for all supervisors working on UKCG sites. With better understanding of legal responsibilities, supervisors can better contribute to the instruction, supervision and monitoring of safety on site.
SSSTS is an ideal foundation for attaining a basic understanding of health & safety duties and responsibilities for junior management in construction work.
The SSSTS site safety training course covers:
- Introduction to health and safety, welfare and environmental issues for supervisors
- Understanding of the legal responsibilities relevant to their work in safely managing a construction site.
- Understanding of the occupational health problems within the construction industry & roles of site supervisors.
- Health and Safety Law and Structure
- How to carry out risk assessments
- A basic understanding of carrying out safety measures (Fire prevention & control, hazardous substancances, construction design management regulations (CDM), personal protective equipment (PPE), manual handling, accidents and first aid, working at height etc.
- Carrying out site inductions, toolbox talks and method statement briefings
- Understanding and appreciating the need for proactive and reactive monitoring.
We offer this course at the following locations:
- London Heathrow
Successful delegates receive a Construction Skills Site Safety Plus – Site Supervisor Safety Training Scheme (SSSTS) certificate that is valid for 5 years.
Successful completion of this course grants a progress to the five day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course
To book a place on this course please contact us on 01642 680497 or fill in the below form. Tell us which location you would like from the list above and we can organise a date that will suit your needs.