Our two-day SMSTS Refresher Course aims to refresh your understanding of responsibilities and accountability for site safety to enable you to provide healthy and safe working conditions for everyone on site.
The SMSTS refresher training course aims to bring up to date health and safety knowledge, changes and their impact in the workplace. SMSTS Refresher Course is a highly interactive course which involves case studies, classroom discussion and group work.
This course is purposely aimed at Site Managers who have previously passed the full 5 day Site Management Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) course. Delegates need to provide proof of attendance before attending the class.
The SMSTS Refresher Course (Site Management Safety Training Scheme) covers:
- The current focus of the HSE’s attention
- Risk assessment and method statements
- CDM Regulations 2007
- Construction Health, Safety and Welfare (CDM part 2)
- Reporting of Injuries, Diseases and Dangerous Occurrences (RIDDOR)
- Behavioural safety
- Occupational health
- Overview and changes to the current legislation affecting construction to include:
- Work at Height Regulations 2005
- Control of Substances Hazardous to Health 2002, Vibration at Work Regulations 2005 and Noise at Work Regulations 2005
- Fire on construction sites Including Fire Safety Order 2005
- Construction waste and site waste management plans
- Construction skills publication Construction Site Safety – Health
- Safety and Environmental Information Manual
We offer this course in the following locations:
- London Heathrow
Successful delegates receive a Construction Skills Site Safety Plus – Site Manager Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS) certificate that is valid for another 5 years.
To book a place on this course please contact us on 01642 680497 or fill in the below form. Tell us which location you would like from the list above and we can organise a date that will suit your needs.